Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2013

Sony Hints at Major Announcement



By Ian Coppock

The video game world is abuzz with a set of new teasers from Sony. One explains the history of the original PlayStation, and the other is setting the stage for a major announcement on the 20th of this month. My guess? The PlayStation 4, or whatever it's going to be called, will be revealed. The image you see up top was labeled "seethefuture" when I downloaded it. I'm pretty stoked :D

Wii U fans will no doubt have noticed that I haven't really bothered to cover Nintendo games, and to be honest, I could never get past having a Gameboy Advanced with joysticks as my controller (felt really unnatural). Until this point, I've been carrying Microsoft's flag with my Xbox 360, but I'm thinking about making the jump to PlayStation come Generation 8.

The divide between the two consoles (and their respective armies of fanboys) is one of the biggest in the gaming industry. Although both sides argue that their console is superior, my own research has confirmed that they each have separate strengths. The Xbox 360 has better lighting and shadows, while the PS3 has sharper textures. Of course, each one also has a roster of console-exclusive IPs. Sony's IPs, including God of War and Uncharted, tend to be, at least to me, very original and story-driven. That's why I'm considering going for the PS4 (we'll call it that for now).

What do you think the hype is all about? Are you excited for a new console? Leave any ideas or comments in the section below.

For now, let's revel in the excitement. A new console might be upon us! Here are the links for the respective teasers.

Feb 20 Announcement Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-3GMHIgR-U&list=PLol_ykYs3OQ7spG6H10jmHaP8mV-lBpti

History of the PlayStation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7w5i_YCFmQ&list=PLol_ykYs3OQ7spG6H10jmHaP8mV-lBpti&index=0

No comments:

Post a Comment